Saturday, May 8, 2010

Nap 1, Kali 0

So I napped today after work.. again. I am really hoping I get out of this routine because it makes me feel useless and there is so much more I'd rather be doing with my time! It was slowish at the restaurant today. We were expecting more people as it is Saturday, but apparently they are hit and miss. We base how many people we set for according to how many guests are "at leisure" which means they are guests in the hotel that are not booked into banquet breakfasts or conferences. Today there were around 320 people at leisure, but only about 80 or so came in. Tomorrow is Mother's Day and banquets is doing around 600 people for brunch. I hope we get some overflow from them in Primrose!

Yesterday was a good day. I attended another staff wine tasting in the beautiful Eden restaurant. We sampled 9 different wines exported by Empson Wine Co. http://www.empson.com/index.php. They specialize in Italian wines, but we sampled quite a few from Australia as well.

After the tasting I was lucky enough to score a ticket to the Rocky Mountain Food & Wine Festival at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel and Resort. Amazing food booths and amazing wine of course! It was super packed and kind of hard to navigate through the crowds.. but a fabulous evening indeed!

For more info on the Rocky Mountain Food and Wine Festival check here:
http://www.rockymountainwine.com/banff.html

No comments:

Post a Comment